How do I use Prevage MD anti-aging treatment?
Before using Prevage MD regularly, it is recommended you test by applying a small amount (less than one pump) daily for several days to a very small area of the neck or face that will receive regular treatment. Skin reaction to Prevage MD, though rare, are likely to occur within the first few days of use. IF any reaction occurs, wash the product off and discontinue use.
Regular usage of Prevage MD anti-aging treatment:
Prevage MD is always applied to clean, dry skin. IF you use a moisturizer, apply it after Prevage MD. If you have normal skin sensitivity, begin using Prevage MD gradually and then build up to morning and night applications daily. Even though Prevage MD anti-aging treatment protects your skin against environmental stressors, it is not a substitute for sunscreen. Always use a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 15 every day.
How much Prevage MD do I use?
Push the pump down once or twice to dispense a pea-size amount. Thoroughly massage Prevage MD anti-aging treatment into your clean, dry face and neck twice a day or as instructed by your doctor.
Can I use Prevage MD in combination with other products?
Prevage MD anti-aging treatment can be used with most other products including moisturizers, sunscreens and cosmetics. Apply Prevage MD directly after cleansing; you can then apply your other products normally. In general, apply Prevage MD directly after cleansing your skin and before applying any other products.
Will Prevage MD cause burning or stinging?
No. In patient trials Prevage MD anti-aging treatment did not cause burning or stinging.
Will Prevage MD cause any other skin reactions?
Whether or not they have sensitive skin, some people experience breakouts any time their skin care regimen changes. If this happens, it is recommended that, to reduce the possibility of a breakout, you should use Prevage MD anti-aging treatment once a day for the first week and then begin using it twice a day.
Are there any special instructions for using Prevage MD?
IF you are using retinoids or other products dispensed or prescribed by your doctor, ask about the appropriate use of these products in combination with Prevage MD. And, if you are currently on an aggressive skin care regimen such as laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, or medium to deep chemical peels, your skin may become more sensitive to Prevage MD. Discuss with your doctor when you should begin using Prevage MD anti-aging treatment after your procedure.
- Helps correct the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps protect against premature aging from environmental stressors
- EPF: 95 out of 100. Idebenone rated highest among commonly used antioxidants
- This is a prescription drug. Please consult with your doctor before ordering.
What is EPF?
In much the same way that SPF (Sun Protection Factor) determines the level of UV protection in a sunscreen, Environmental Protection Factor (EPF) determines the level of environmental protection in a topical antioxidant.
EPF is protection against oxidative stress caused by environmental elements such as UV light, air pollution, ozone, cigarette smoke, and even oxygen itself.
In the EPF study, the highest rated topical antioxidant was idebenone (EPF 95 out of 100), the active ingredient in Prevage MD.
What other important ingredients are in Prevage MD?
The unique formulation of Prevage MD anti-aging treatment contains these key ingredients:
- Green Tea (Camellia Leaf Extract) is a proprietary blend of teas, which serves as a natural antioxidant booster, enhancing cell metabolism/li>
- Dimethicone leaves the skin immediately smoother and softer upon application.
Why is Elizabeth Arden on the package?
While the package looks similar, Elizabeth Arden is selling 0.5% idebenone under the brand name Prevage. Prevage MD with 1% idebenone is only sold through physicians.
Can Prevage MD be used in combination with other products?
- Hydroquinone: The active ingredient in Prevage MD, idebenone, is chemically similar to hydroquinone. Because the molecules are similar, idebenone can potentiate the effect of hydroquinone. Someone using hydroquinone should use idebenone sparingly to avoid overloading and irritating the skin.
- Vitamin C and E: Prevage MD can be used in place of vitamins C and E because it not only helps correct the skin like these compounds, but also protects the skin via multiple mechanisms.
Can Prevage MD be used by pregnant or nursing women?
There is no data to support the use of Prevage MD anti-aging treatment by pregnant or nursing women. Therefore this decision should be left to the patient and her physician.
Why use an antioxidant on your skin?
You may have heard about the negative effects of free radicals inside the body and the value of adding antioxidants to your diet to counter the effects of free radicals. Free radicals accumulate in your skin, not only from the effects of environmental stressors (UV light, air pollution, ozone, and cigarette smoke), but also from the aging process itself.
The effects of stressors on your skin cannot be combated with simple cleansing. To remove free radicals, you need a topical antioxidant like Prevage MD anti-aging treatment, which protects against skin damage by chemically trapping and neutralizing each free radical it touches. Think of antioxidants as guardians of your skin cells, protecting them from free radicals and allowing the production of healthier cells.
Does Prevage MD work better than other topical antioxidants?
Yes. The 1% concentration of idebenone found in Prevage MD anti-aging treatment is scientifically proven to be more effective than other topical antioxidants in protecting your skin against environmental stressors known to cause skin aging. These other antioxidants include Kinetin (Kinerase), coenzyme Q10 (Q10 Plus Wrinkle Control products from Nivea), lipoic acid (N.V. Perricone M.D. Cosmeceuticals), vitamin C, and vitamin E (found in many anti-aging products).
What can idebenone 1% do for my skin?
Idebenone 1% anti-aging treatment helps correct the skin damage that you already have – and also helps protect your skin from future damage. The antioxidative power of idebenone 1% has been clinically shown to reduce the signs of skin aging in only 4 weeks.
In a recent survey:
- 72% of patients reported reduction in the appearance of fine liens and wrinkles
- 78% of patients reported reduction in roughness and dryness
- 78% of patients reported improvement in skin softness and smoothness
- 61% of patients reported improvement in firmness, tightness, and elasticity
- <67% of patients reported improvement in overall appearance
In addition, a majority of patients reported an overall improvement in their skin’s healthy appearance in just 4 weeks of use.
How to optimize results with Prevage MD ?
For best results, start low and go slow.
- Start with a Skin Patch Test on the side of the neck
- Use one pea-size amount for the entire face and neck
- Week one: Use once a day every other day
- Week two: use once a day every day
- Then build up to morning and night every day
- Recommended cosmetic sequence: cleanse, tone, apply Prevage MD, moisturize, apply sunscreen, apply makeup.